The ActImpact Foundation, Toronto Canada is currently seeking Development Interns to work closely with the Business Development Manager and CEO on prospective Research and Implementation project opportunities,Grant funders and the submission of proposals to foundations and other funding sources.
The primary responsibility will be conducting a detailed search of applicable potential projects (with university, federal agencies, multilateral and foundation) and grant funding opportunities to help with management and administration expansion. Also Drafting of Letters of Inquiry and Grant Proposals and engaging as per donor requirement leading things to a closure.This internship provides the opportunity to learn non-profit development and fundraising skills.
• Understand themes and sectors of strategic interest of the organisation
• Conduct research and create an addressable pipeline of research and implementation project opportunities
• Conduct research on corporations and foundations for grant opportunities
• Draft project proposal donor correspondences, letters of inquiry and grant proposals
• Liase with the Implementation team or implementation partners for quality and timely execution of projects, may also travel to South Asia and Africa.
• Assist with creation of donor database and data entry
• Additional responsibilities may include: developing sponsorship packet, assisting with events and creating online fundraising campaigns.
Additional: This internship is an excellent opportunity to gain insight into the non-profit sector. This is a ground level experience working in a startup non-profit. This is also a great chance to develop above-entry-level skills.
Qualifications, Skills, Abilities & Experience
• 3 or 4 years graduate degree in science, economics, policy or developmental studies
• work experience in development sector preferable, not mandatory.
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with donors and other partners
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Must be able to work independently, multitask and pay close attention to detail
• Experience in non-profits, fundraising and development focussed research is preferred
This is non-paid voluntary engagement internship of minimum 6 months with a potential to be converted into full time paid position.
Email resume & cover letter as Word or PDF attachments to email@example.com