The YPARD Business Plan 2014- 2018 is coming to a close and we need to start a conversation about where we go from here.
We have had some amazing successes and also continue to face some recurring challenges. The next strategic plan will cover the period 2018-2021 and will reflect a time of growth for YPARD. We need some visionaries to listen to the needs and desires of the network and help to craft this into an exciting, impact-driven future while ensuring the structure is effective, efficient, driven by the members and sustainably financed. Not easy, but possible with the right approach and mindset, sufficient input from members and a group of hardworking individuals willing to make it happen.
This call for applications is directed towards active and driven country representatives and members to attend the YPARD strategic plan meeting from March 5th -9th 2018 at the Czech University of Life Sciences Prague (CULS). Six country representatives and members will join members of the YPARD Steering Committee, Global Coordination Unit, Regional Coordinators and other partners for a four day intensive strategic planning and fundraising session. The ideas generated from this meeting will inform the next YPARD 2018- 2022 strategy.
What do we need from you?
As we have a limited budget, we would like to invite key people who are active and have demonstrated the ability to tackle challenges facing YPARD at a local level and are motivated to build a stronger future.
To do this, we would love to get your response to these four questions:
1) What is your motivation for applying to attend the YPARD strategic planning meeting in the Czech Republic? What is your story and your experience with YPARD? Why do you care about young professionals in agriculture? What do you hope to get from this experience?) (max 1500 characters, ~200 words)
2) In your view, what do you see as the five key priorities for YPARD over the next four years? What do we need to do to achieve these priorities? (max 1500 characters, ~200 words)
3) What experience do you have with fundraising, both successful and unsuccessful? What type of fundraising training would be most useful for you? (max 1500 characters, ~250 words)
4) Do you have a proposal that you could work on for the fundraising session? Can you provide a short 1 paragraph summary? (1 paragraph)
Please note! By applying for this, you are agreeing to provide input in advance to the meeting, actively participate in the strategic meeting and following up with activities afterward with your country chapter.
Selection and Evaluation Criteria
- The selected regional officers, country representatives/ members will be evaluated based on the following criteria;
- Ability to articulate the critical challenges and opportunities that lie within the YPARD network
- Ability to demonstrate leadership within the national teams
- Members who understand YPARD, the genesis of the network, and can clearly demonstrate the untapped potential
- Members who are able to map the various scenarios YPARD should adopt in the future
- Availability from 5th – 9th March 2018
- Experience and understanding of youth networks space
- Creative thinking and ability to actively contribute to the meetings
- Passion and motivation for their regional units or country chapters in the last 4 years of the YPARD business plan implementation
- Ability to implement ideas and collaborate with other members
The deadline to apply is Monday, December 18, 5pm CET. Applicants will be notified if they are successful by 5 January 2018.
Complete this short application form for your chance to attend the meeting.
Visa Support and Logistics
Please indicate if you are able to secure full or partial funding for your participation. We will provide a formal letter of support to assist with visa applications. We will be selecting participants across regions and gender.
If you have any questions or concerns about this application, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo credit: Flickr