The 3rd Tropical Biodiversity Conservation Conference will be held at the Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Czech republic, from November 8 - 9, 2016. Like previous years, the conference will also take place in Texcoco, Mexico City (October 5th-7th).
Main topics of the international conference will be focused on all aspects of biological conservation of tropical ecosystems. Main fields of interests are sustainable development, both in-situ and ex-situ methods of species conservation as well as complementary methods.
The conference should provide a virtual meeting place for all involved in the above areas of science and become a real opportunity for an exchange of experience between PhD students and other scientists. The attendance of the conference is free.
Conference language: English
Conference fee: free
Participants should arrange for their accommodation individually. Find a few uptions here
Call for Abstracts
High quality abstracts of original research (maximum 250 words) are invited to be sent to the conference e-mail address: TBCC@ftz.czu.cz. Please indicate if you prefer a poster or oral presentation. Based on the quality of the submission, reviewers will decide upon the suitability of the contribution for presentation at the conference. All accepted contributions will be published in the Book of Abstract from the conference.
Guidelines for oral presentation
- Presentations must be delivered in English.
- Each presentation is 25 minutes long. It is recommended to use 20 minutes to present and 5 minutes for discussion/questions. The recommended number of slides for your PowerPoint file is 15/20.
- The equipment available will be PC, data projectors and microphones. The PC will have sound to facilitate the use of DVD clips or videos.
- The session PCs will have Internet access.
- The recommended file type to be used for presentations is PowerPoint or Portable Document Format (PDF).
- The presentation files should be brought on a USB.
- Speakers are requested to upload their presentation on to the session PC and report to the session chair 15 minutes before the start of the session.
- All presenters will be introduced to the audience by the session chair
Guidelines for poster presentation
- Posters should be printed and brought by each author to the conference venue.
- The poster dimensions can be up to 1.30 m high x 0.90 m wide.
- Each presenter can freely use the displays available for posters placed at the poster room – foyer of the Auditorium (no specific order exists).
- We will provide materials for attaching your poster; however participant can bring their own should they wish.
- It is highly recommended to provide small envelopes for distributing your business cards and collecting business cards of those who request additional information. This is a good way of inviting and encouraging interactions with your audience.
The deadline for submission of abstract(s): October 25, 2016.
Submission guidelines and details
Submission of abstracts by e-mail, please send WORD document with your abstract to: TBCC@ftz.czu.cz
Please indicate if you prefer a poster or oral presentation.
Form of abstract:
- Please provide author names and affiliations (maximum 5 authors), and abstract (maximum 250 words).
- If there are multiple authors, UNDERLINE the name of the presenting author. Provide an email address for the presenting author, after his/her institution.
- Please follow the formatting style shown below (12-point font and Times New Roman font style).
- List of authors in italic type, individual authors divided by comma, affiliations assigned by numbers in upper index. Please, indicate the corresponding author by asterisk *
- Affiliations of authors in italic type, type size 10 font, in following format: department, faculty, university OR department, institute. For corresponding author, enter the email.
- The text of abstract
- Key words after the text of abstract, in italic type.
- Acknowledgement: you may include acknowledgement to a grant agency including the number of the grant.
- The proper text of the abstract
- Key words: agriculture, economics, cooperation
Acknowledgement: Study was supported by Internal Grant Agency of Czech University of Life Sciences (IGA CULS Prague) project no.: 50138621.
Notification of acceptance: All persons who submitted a contribution will be informed about the decision of the conference committee concerning the acceptance of their contribution. All accepted contributions will be compiled in the conference proceedings (book of abstracts). These proceedings will be distributed to all participants of the conference.
Presentation of posters: The poster may have size DIN A0 (841mm x 1189mm) or DIN A0 (882mm x 1247mm), upright format.
Oral presentation: We would like to receive your presentation as early as possible but no later than one hour before the beginning of the session. Please provide us with your presentation by CD or DVD (for your own and computer safety in conference hall). Presentations will be accepted only as MS Powerpoint. Correct presentations in other formats cannot be guaranteed. Oral presentation will be scheduled for 20 minutes + 5 minutes for discussion.
The conference takes place at Czech University of Life Sciences Prague
Kamýcká 129, 165 21 Prague 6,
GPS: 50.1306669N, 14.3733664E