Postdoctoral position at the Faculty of Tropical AgriSciences, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Prague, Czech Republic, under the project OP VVV no. CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/18_053/0016979.
About the employer
The Faculty of Tropical AgriSciences (FTA), Czech University of Life Sciences Prague is the public university in the Czech Republic according to Act No. 111/1998 Coll. on universities. The main mission of FTA is the education of foreign and Czech undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate students in a wide array of disciplines, including agriculture, rural development, and sustainable management of natural and energy resources in the tropics and subtropics. As stated in the National Research and Innovation Strategy for the Intelligent Specialization of the Czech Republic, "Changing lifestyles and civilization phenomena require and will require future changes in eating habits, ensuring healthy inputs into the food chain and the related development of technology for production and preparation food". The use of non-traditional species of crops and livestock products is one of the priority areas of FTA research. FTA is an equal opportunity employer highly supporting interdisciplinarity in science.
The postdoc position is offered for 10 months for applicants from all over the world, out of the Czech Republic. The position starts from 1st September 2021 and finish 30th June 2022. Applicants (within 7 years after obtaining PhD degree, counted from 1st September 2021) can apply for the following topic or research area:
- Sustainable agriculture
- Food security
- Sustainable food production
The postdoctoral researcher will be involved in a project on the New food and production processes and special foods for defined groups of inhabitants focusing on consumer behavioural analysis of agricultural products. The most current issue not only in developed countries but also in developing countries is demographic changes in the field of agriculture. Research activities with the use of foreign experience should also focus on migration issues and increasing the share of young agricultural managers, etc.
During the annual stay, the applicant will attend two conferences/seminars to present the results achieved. The outcome of the mobility will also be the joint preparation of the project in calls for food security and sustainable agriculture (e.g. Horizon).
The net salary will be at least 1750 EUR/month (approx.) with potential increases depending on individual activities and publication results.
Desired skills and experience
Doctoral degree in the area related to the research topic, good publication record with articles in international peer-reviewed journals, experience in the field of Sustainable agriculture systems, food production and/or Food security, experience with sustainable use of resources, focusing on innovative behaviour in the agri-food sector. Fluency in English is required.
The suitable candidates will be interviewed online by the faculty board. Please submit your application electronically. Closing date for applications is the 28th February 2021. The applications will be reviewed as they are received and interview calls scheduled accordingly.
The application should include:
- Motivation letter with a brief description of applicants’ plans (max. 1 page of A4 format)
- Professional CV including a summary of work experience, publication activity, involvement in research grants, etc.
- Copy of PhD diploma (or another degree equivalent to PhD at level 8, according to the International Standard Classification of Education)
- Copy of language certificate
- Contact information of at least two references
- At least 2 scientific publications from last 3 years (counted from 1st September 2021)
- Other documents, which can support your application
All the requested materials must be sent as one single pdf document named “Surname_Name_OP VVV App.” to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further enquiries, please, contact us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
The selection procedure:
- 28th February 2021: Deadline for submission of the requested documents
- 15th March 2021: Internal evaluation of applications and candidates pre-selection
- March 2021: Skype interviews with pre-selected candidates
- April 2021: Detailed research proposals will be requested from pre-selected candidates
- 15th May 2021: Internal evaluation of research proposals of pre-selected candidates
- 30th May 2021: Final results of selection announcement
- June-August 2021: Visa procedure and logistic preparation of the stay in the Czech Republic
- 1st September 2021: Start of postdoc position at CZU for 10 months
Picture credit: FTZ/CZU