On 14-15th March 2017 in London, a two-day conference on how business can engage with small farmers to ensure supply security and resilience at scale.
The fourth in our global series of sustainability for smallholders meetings will address the major risks for small farmers across agricultural sectors, and focus on how business can create scalable solutions to tackle future supply chain vulnerabilities. We will focus on the top priorities across commodities to provide high-level insight and practical, actionable guidance on how business can implement effective programmes that will boost the resilience of smallholders at scale.
Issues will be addressed:
- Sustainable Development Goals: Guidance on how companies can strategically integrate the 17 SDGs into their smallholder policy to raise social and economic development.
- Capacity building: Addressing the business role in building capacity for farmer resilience, independence and stability.
- Blended finance: Examples of innovative financial risk-sharing models that can provide long-term finance for smallholder farmers.
- Economic viability of farming: progressive solutions to securing future supply chains.
- Pre-competitive collaboration: Active debate around how business can facilitate greater collaboration and knowledge sharing across agri supply chains.
- Climate-smart agriculture: An analysis of CSA's potential as a solution to climate risk and examples of successful cases so far.
What’s different about this forum?
- Engaging, interactive sessions – with a blanket ban on PowerPoint! One-on-one case studies, panel debates, interactive roundtables and workshops. The conference provides a range of formats, with an emphasis on audience interaction.
- Held under the Chatham House rule – this event is not intended as a PR platform, we hold the event under a covenant of confidentiality to promote open, honest exchange.
- Content is designed for action and practice – the agenda and event structure is designed to provide actionable tools and practical insights that can be applied. We will also be sharing post event notes from all sessions to all participants.
Who will be there?
Joining you and your colleagues will be between 150-170 other senior professionals from across the agriculture industry, including:
- Food and beverage companies, agribusiness, soft commodity traders and retailers
- Civil society organisations, certifiers and charities
- Donors, financial service providers and insurers
- Government, aid agencies and inter-governmental organisations
- Investors and financial service providers
Registrations now open. You can register here.
The 2017 conference will be hosted by our supporting partner Diageo at the Diageo Park Royal (Lakeside Drive, London, NW10 7HQ, United Kingdom). You can view the location on Google maps here. The venue can be reached by tube via the Piccadilly line to Park Royal or the Central line to Hanger Lane.
Please get in touch for more information around the event or if you would like to be involved as a speaker, sponsor, media partner or delegate. Please contact Lea Vavrik:
Lea Vavrik (+ 44 (0) 203 780 7435) Email: email@example.com
Picture credit: Brian van der Brug/Getty Images