YPARD Germany is seeking for a young, innovative and fresh spirited professional to take on the role of a Country Representative (CR) and continue its work on youth in agriculture!
Being a CR is a unique opportunity for you to be more active with fellow young professionals in agricultural and related fields in Germany as well as with the global YPARD network.
As a country representative and in collaboration with a core group, you will have the chance to:
- Create and coordinate activities that will allow you to work toward improving young people's perception of agriculture in Germany.
- Help Young Professionals (YP’s) reach their full potential in agricultural development by being the voice of YPARD and representing the German members of the community at a national and global scale.
- Work on youth-related issues in agricultural development in Germany and link these efforts with regional initiatives.
- Network and maintain relationships or partnerships with stakeholders and other youth organizations in the agricultural and allied sectors.
- Have a great asset for your CV as YPARD is supported by GFAR, FAO and many other partner organizations.
- Connect and get to know other CR’s and YP’s - not just at the European level but also globally.
- Have a link with YPARD partners (see the list of partners HERE).
- Contribute to the agricultural development in Europe.
- Travel on behalf of YPARD.
- Willing to work on a volunteer basis (no remuneration available) other than support for your activities and participation at events
- Between the age of 18 and not over 36-38 years
- Ideally based in Germany, we strongly prefer people who has a link to the country, based in the country for long term or originally comes from the country (but still has a link with it)
- Familiar with youth and agricultural development issues
- Strong management, coordination and communication skills
- Self-motivated and assertive with results orientation
This is a voluntary position that will not interfere with your day to day activities. You will have full support from the YPARD Europe team in Prague (Stacy Hammond as the European Fundraising and Communications officer and Libuška Valešová as the YPARD Europe coordinator).
Interested applicants are encouraged to send a one-page motivation letter and CV to email@example.com with cc to firstname.lastname@example.org and the reference “YPARD Country Representative” until Tuesday, January 31st, 2019. If you have questions, please contact us at the same e-mail address. We are looking forward to your application!
Picture credit: YPARD