After a successful end of term for the Tanzania representative, Juma Bruno Ngomuo, YPARD is looking for a passionate and dedicated young professional to take up the position of YPARD representative in Tanzania.
To meet its goals, YPARD works with young professionals on a regional, national or local level to undertake activities at a more geographically appropriate level. YPARD is looking for a Tanzanian representative to contribute actively to a growing YPARD and help YPARD achieve its ambitious goals.
Roles and activities of the YPARD Tanzania Representative
Under the supervision of the Africa coordinator, the Tanzania YPARD Representative will undertake the following activities:
- Represent and be an ambassador for YPARD in the country or region;
- Make connections with relevant youth and agricultural development organizations in your country or region;
- Publicize YPARD in your country or region and encourage more YPs to sign up;
- Provide updates on activities related to youth and agricultural development in your region and communicate these activities to the regional coordinating units (RCUs).
- Actively work on the local plan and management of activities by forming a local working group which consists of active YPs;
- Motivate YPs in your country or region to get involved;
- Implement activities to address the declining interest in agriculture among young people;
- Work to make the voice of the youth heard within your own institution;
- Strive to bring youth issues to the fore in broader strategic and political discussions.
Kindly note that this is a voluntary position (not salaried).
- Be a Young Professional (less than 40 years old);
- Be a national of Tanzania;
- Be active in Agricultural Development (including young professional engaged in: agribusiness, agro processing, farming, ranching, pastoralism, agro-advisory service, agro-informatics-ICT);
- Be willing to make a difference and represent YPs from your region;
- Be ready to commit time and effort to the YPARD movement.
Before the YPARD representative is selected, the candidate is expected to have demonstrated commitment to YPARD by being an active member in the YPARD network. An active member may have already organised an event, engaged in some of these activities and/or organized or participated in online events and or knowledge sharing.
YPARD is an equal opportunity employer and women are particularly encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Please indicate in the 'Subject' of the email the title; YPARD Country Representative Tanzania.
- Two paragraphs on your motivation – including how you have been an active YPARD member;
- An up-to-date CV
We will share your applications to YPARD Tanzania members and ask them to vote for their favorite candidates.
Deadline for applications: August 14th, 2019 or until the position is filled.
We are looking forward to receiving many great applications!