Young Professionals for Agricultural Development (YPARD), Nepal is announcing an online “World Food Safety Photo Contest 2021" with the global theme "Safe food now for a healthy tomorrow".
The World Food Safety Day 2021 began its celebration on 7th June 2018 to ensure food security with the action to prevent, detect and reduce the global burden of food-borne disease. According to the World Health Organization (WHO) report on foodborne illness, there are 600 million and 420,000 deaths due to the illness. Stepping in the third year of celebration, the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and WHO aims to draw the attention of stakeholders, influencers and the public to maintain the safety of food in every stage of the food chain. Safeguarding food from production to plate, reducing the women and child mortality rate, sustaining human health and strengthening economies are its major concerns.
On this occasion, the contest aims to draw the attention of the youths to the current food safety scenario and come up with a better view of visualizing strength, potential contribution and challenges on stabilizing food safety. The initial selection process of the photographs will be carried out by the jury members and then uploaded on YPARD Nepal’s Facebook group for online voting. The selected participants will be notified of their selection via email.
The winning photographs will be awarded cash prizes (details below) and a certificate of appreciation. YPARD Nepal will also honor the two photos with a public choice award and individuals will receive NPR 1000 cash.
- Winner: NPR 15,000
- First Runner up: NPR 7000
- Second Runner up: NPR 3000
How to enter?
- The participant must be a registered member on the YPARD website.
- Each entry consists of an entry form and a participant can upload up to three photographs.
- The photograph must be owned by the participant. Any copyright, as well as watermark issues on the photograph, would be subjected to automatic disqualification. After submission, copyright will remain with the participant and YPARD may use it in the future with proper credit to the participant.
- All photographs must be related to the competition’s theme and the caption must include the description of the photo as well as the location and year of the photo when it was taken.
- Photographs must be in digital format (.jpg, .jpeg or .png) format in high resolution.
- All the photos must be renamed as: First Name Last Name Photo number (Example: Suvaa Sharma 2).
- Photographs must not be more than three years old and must not previously have participated in any contest.
Who can participate?
Submissions are opened to all the young professionals (aged 18-39 years) from Nepal who are self-motivated towards global food safety.
How to submit?
Participants should submit their complete application through a Google form.
- June 7, 2021 – Submission Open
- July 7, 2021 – Submission Close
- July 15, 2021 – Review of photographs and publish online for voting which includes likes and comments
- July 20, 2021 – Review of photographs from the panel of judges which will be decided soon.
- July 27, 2021 – Announcement of the winners and distribution of e-certificates.
Need more information?
Photo credit: YPARD Nepal