The Learning Opportunity will cover advanced online searching, getting information served via alerts and RSS, collaborating remotely using Google Drive, Dropbox, VoIP, online mapping and social networking. Participants will get a chance to see what others have done, get hands-on experience on how to use innovative applications, and assess how they could adopt these innovations within the context of their work and organisation.
This Learning Opportunity forms part of CTA initiatives that support development partners in networking, accessing and disseminating information more effectively.
Programme of the Learning Opportunity
· Web 2.0 and Social Media: concepts and principles;
· Selective access to information via (i) advanced multilingual search options; (ii) RSS and (iii) automated alerts;
· Content curation: Tagging and Social Bookmarking;
· Photos for the web;
· Remote collaboration (e.g. GoogleDrive, Dropbox);
· Online conversations (Skype, Google Hangouts, Viber, Whatsapp);
· Online mapping (New Google Maps);
· Blogging (Blogger or Wordpress);
· Micro-blogging (Twitter);
· Social networking (LinkedIn and Facebook), risks and mitigation measures;
· Online Communities of Practice;
· Web 2.0 and Social Media for Agri-business and marketing.
Participants - Eligibility and responsibilities
Participation in the Learning Opportunity is free of charge, but subject to acceptance by the organisers. 25 participants will be accepted for the event.