This webinar’s objectives are to:
- Present perspectives on the potential for green jobs along Africa’s industrialisation pathway and implications for boosting rural economies along value chains in key sectors such as agriculture, energy, extractives, manufacturing etc.
- Reflect on the concept of green jobs and how to provide adequate skills development and work opportunities to rural youth
- Reflect on levers and enabling environment to increase creation and sustainability of green jobs as integral to rural socio-economic development
Zofia Mroczek, Decent rural employment and child labour consultant, FAO
UNECA/UNEP (TBC): Perspectives on the potential for green jobs in Africa’s industrialisation drive; implications for decent employment for rural and peri-urban areas; necessary conditions for creation and sustainability of green jobs as integral to rural socio-economic development.
ILO: Perspectives on the basic concepts of green jobs, the prominent sectors (with agriculture in focus, and covering energy, construction, waste management), and the implications for rural youth in Africa.
FAO: Presentation will provide examples of green jobs in the agricultural sectors and rural areas for rural youth, and some of the specific traits of rurality that policy stakeholders would have to consider in order to provide skills development and other support, in order to take the advantage of the youth employment opportunities that green jobs can bring.
NEPAD Agency: As Respondent
How to attend the webinar
Kindly register in advance at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1nip_6bMfPqzni-MMow20Y_vRvKol5EtyvhmKQaH...
This will ensure you will receive all documentation, feedback and recording of the webinar after the event.
Or join us directly on Thursday 21st June 2018 at 15:00-16:30 (Rome time, UTC +2) on this link: http://fao.adobeconnect.com/rgp5w3mtpitr/
Here are some general recommendations regarding accessing and using the Adobe Connect platform:
- We suggest that you use Internet Explorer
- Make sure that you have a good internet connection.
- Open the link well in advance of the webinar (around 15 minutes) so you have enough time to check your audio and - in case necessary - install the Adobe Flash Player 10.3.
- (Use headphones with a microphone.)
- Go to http://na1cps.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm to check your settings.