The 2016 African Development Bank internship program is now open. The primary objective of the Internship Program at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB) is to deepen the Bank’s efforts to advance development within its regional member countries (RMC) through capacity building activities.
The Program aims at providing candidates with the opportunity to acquire and develop the ability to work in an international environment, provide the Bank a pool of potential candidates in the future and enhance the visibility of the Bank and its development activities.
The bank is planning to recruit 60 interns and the following are the requirements;
- Aged between eighteen (18) to thirty (30) years
- Citizen of regional or non-regional member country of AfDB
- Currently enrolled in a bachelors/masters level degree programme or its equivalent in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning
- Provide a letter from the university/professional institution confirming their enrolment for the current programme.
- Apply for internship within one year of having obtained such a degree
- Must be fluent in at least one of the bank’s working languages (English or French)
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Successful applicants must demonstrate;
- Good communication skills
- Adaptability to multicultural setting.
- Ability to share knowledge.