AgriTT is a new initiative between the UK Department for International Development (DFID) and the Ministry of Agriculture, China, and the Forum on Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA) to promote transfer of agricultural technologies, knowledge and management innovations from China to low-income countries in Africa and Southeast Asia. AgriTT has three components:AgriTT website
- Pilot Development Projects in selected countries
- A Research Challenge Fund
- Knowledge and communication of lessons on effective partnerships between China, UK and low-income countries to improve agricultural productivity and food security.
- Critical agricultural technologies: taking an agricultural technology innovation originating from China, and developing and adapting it to an LIC context with attention to the whole value chain from field to consumer.
- Effective value chain development: enhancing a commodity supply chain, where the commodity represents an innovation of proven technical feasibility sourced from China or elsewhere.
- Innovation in knowledge sharing and communication: enhancing agricultural information and knowledge flows related to a technology innovation to enable poor rural communities to make better informed decisions about their livelihoods.