GCARD3 Global event – the third global conference for agricultural development, is going to give a central place to young people. More than 35 YPARD members are expected to take part in the discussions onsite, as speakers, social reporters, facilitators, technical reporters, mentees and agripreneur champions. Make sure you read more about the GCARD3 Global Event to make sure you understand what it is all about.
We are calling for YPARD members to express their interest in getting involved.
The selected members will be fully sponsored to attend the event in South Africa.
1/ They will benefit from a 3day social reporting training prior to the global event and they will use those skills to report from the global event with intensive mentoring from the trainer.
2/ They will be given additional opportunities and missions to actively contribute the discussions at the GCARD3 as a core.
(Please note that this is different and additional to the YAP – Youth Agripreneurs Project )
It could perhaps be you.
1/ Do you have:
- good insights on the role of youth in agriculture and global development, and the role of GCARD3 towards this
- a strong flair for Social Media and good writing skills in either English, French or Spanish
- good working verbal skills in English to follow the training program
- genuine visions on how you shall build upon what you will learn and experience at GCARD3 global event in the future
2/ Are you an active YPARD member or active youth for agricultural development (less than 40year old)?
3/ You may specify if you feel that you particularly have one of these following skills: good verbal presentation skills, facilitation and/or reporting
4/ Let us know if any of the GCARD3 5 key themes is of your particular interest
How do you apply?
No CV, no Motivation Letter is required!
1/ Send a blog post (in word format) that will express your interest and prove evidence that you meet the criteria above. Please make sure you address all these above while crafting an engaging blog post. Your blog post can be in English, French or Spanish.
2/ Include a 5 lines biography at the end of the blog that states your position and background, your country of origin and your country of work.
3/ Join an ID photograph + an in-action picture in picture format and with appropriate credit (Do NOT embed the picture in your word file)
Send these all at: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: [GCARD3 Global Event - Youth] ASAP and by February 28th.
The selection will be on a rolling basis and finalized by March 1st.
The best blog posts will be published online (without editing). We reserve the right not to publish those applications that don’t meet the criteria above stated and which require heavy editing.
Two must-read resources to make the best of your application!
1/ Have a have a look at the tips we put together for you on How to apply for an opportunity—successfully! Although this blog post focuses on traditional application processes, you will still find a LOAD of tips to prepare the content of a blog post that will make us want you!
2/ Not familiar with blogging? Read and follow Peter Casier’s art of seduction rules on writing good blog posts.
How will we select people?
We will make sure that you meet the criteria above. In addition, we shall build a delegation that will show:
- Diversified stakeholder representation (young farmers, researchers, civil society etc)
- Diversified regional representation
- Gender representation
- Diversified age range between 18 and 39
- A mix of more experienced and less experienced people in social media (but all with a strong flair for it)
- People who have never had such global experience and who will be able to demonstrate the conditions above will be given the priority (GCARD2 Alumni and beneficiaries of previous global experiences will be on a waiting list)
- Young people who were involved in the national and regional consultations in the process towards GCARD3 Global event will be given priority up to 10 seats
Looking forward to your blog posts!
Picture credit: © Andrew Wheeler for Wild Dog Limited / WLE_CGIAR 2015 all rights reserved worldwide.