Legacy is pleased to announce that it is now accepting applications for 2016 Professional Fellows Program (PFP). This two-way citizen exchange program is a capacity-building and professional development initiative that serves individuals working in civil society in Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco.
This program is designed for early- to mid-career professionals, with strong leadership skills, who are and who are committed to making a lasting positive impact in their communities through civil society (NGO/CSO/Associations).
Areas of interest
The fellowship is inviting applicants from the following areas;
- public health
- social development
- women and children’s issues
- rule of law
- arts and culture
- education reform
- free speech and media
- youth engagement
- human rights
- citizen participation
The applicant should be;
- A resident and citizen of Egypt, Algeria, Morocco or Tunisia
- Between 25 and 40 years of age
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Have two years minimum experience with local NGO’s, advocacy and reform organizations and networks, civil society organizations, unions, or other related fields.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have NOT previously traveled to the U.S. on a government-sponsored exchange program.
Key Facts of about the PFP program
- 34 Fellows will be selected from four countries (8-9 each from Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, and Tunisia)
- Fellows will participate in a month-long, fellowship placement in an American organization, including service organizations, advocacy groups, grassroots organizations, federal agencies, and congressional offices.
Fellows will be selected through a competitive application process.
Morocco and Tunisia Application deadline: December 1, 2015