Objectives of the Assignment
The GLF Youth Coordinator Consultant is responsible for ensuring that young people, and youth networks, such as Youth in Landscape Initiative (YIL) are integrated into the planning and execution of key GLF activities. Each of the four GLF pillars – Outreach, Collaborative Platforms, Knowledge Hub and Learning Lab – will require the engagement of youth to maximize their impact and relevance. The Youth Coordinator will work with managers, leads and coordinators throughout GLF to ensure that this occurs.
The objectives of the assignment are to ensure that Youth are integrated, participating and engaged with the GLF, with youth engagement at events, and especially through outreach and knowledge generation. The coordinator will work closely with leaders of Youth Networks and other initiatives closely engaged with young people to ensure innovative and meaningful engagement as well as beneficial growth and development.
Duties and responsibilities
The GLF Youth Coordinator Consultant will work under the direct supervision of the GLF Global Coordinator. Key deliverables, working with GLF partners, include:
Coordinate and facilitate the development of a Youth Engagement Plan 2019-2021 with the GLF team and Youth in Landscapes Initiative Steering Committee (YIL SC).
Work closely with GLF team and in coordination with the YIL SC to map strategies and frameworks for effectively integrating youth into key outputs – including outreach and communications, collaborative platforms (events), knowledge products and learning activities.
Ensure youth participation at GLF is of mutual benefit to the participants and the wider GLF systems.
Coordinate with GLF Coordination team and YIL in the running of youth programs, sessions, and learning events at GLF events.
Coordinate with the GLF communications team and the YIL SC to develop and implement a strategic communication plan for joint activities.
At the end of assignment, the incumbent provides a consolidated report (that includes outcomes of YiL-GLF partnership, lesson learnt and opportunities for advancing the partnership) to the YiL SC and GLF team.
Other key tasks related to Youth and GLF as they arise.
Education, knowledge and experience
• Undergraduate degree with at least 2 years of experience or advanced degree with at least one year of experience, preferably in disciplines that are relevant to one or more of the GLF themes and sustainable development goals;
• Prior experience working in science and knowledge management in developing countries or with youth networks and communities relating to sustainable Landscapes is an advantage;
• Ability to produce high quality written content;
• Good understanding of international development and/or environment policy processes;
• Experience in planning, implementing and evaluating complex projects;
• Fluency in English is essential, other languages (esp. French, Spanish, German) an advantage.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• Self-motivated, resourceful and energetic;
• Able to find creative solutions;
• Able to strategize at both macro and micro levels;
• A team player and have outstanding interpersonal communications skills;
• Outstanding diplomatic and negotiation skills;
• Proven ability to work well under pressure.
Terms and Conditions
• This is a full-time consultancy position.
• CIFOR’s employment conditions follow local labor laws and regulations. CIFOR will employ suitable candidates regardless of nationality, provided that he/she complies with the local requirements for working at the posting location. Being a citizen of an EU country is preferred.
• This assignment will last on December 2019.
• CIFOR offers competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience.
• This a home-based position but preferably in Bonn, Germany.
To apply, please visit our career site at:
To learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at:
To learn more about GLF, please visit our website at:
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
The application deadline is 31 Mar-2019
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.