The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is looking for a suitable candidate for the position of postdoctoral fellow (agricultural economist) to undertake socio-economic evaluation and impact assessment of investments on perennial cropping systems within the framework of CRP CCAFS.
- to design and undertake coffee/cocoa farming systems survey;
- to assess the effects of climate change on coffee/cocoa farming systems;
- to undertake adoption and impact evaluation of improved coffee/cocoa production system technologies on food security and poverty;
- to develop and apply innovative quantitative methods for assessing various climate change adaptation and mitigation options and quantifying the impacts of coffee/cocoa production system, etc.
- PhD degree in agricultural economics, economics, or development economics from a highly recognized university;
- Good understanding of perennial cropping systems such as coffee/cocoa production system;
- Good experience of/with impact evaluation of agricultural innovations on food and nutrition security, environment and poverty reduction