The Innovative Veterinary Solutions for Antimicrobial Resistance (InnoVet-AMR) is a four-year, CA$27.9-million partnership between Canada’s International Development Research Centre and the United Kingdom’s Department of Health and Social Care.
This program aims to support research that will identify innovative veterinary solutions, including vaccines, to reduce the use of antimicrobials in livestock and aquaculture operations in Low and Middle Income Countries (LMIC) and build effective partnerships to better coordinate discovery, development and sustainable delivery of veterinary solutions to reduce the use of antimicrobials in livestock and aquaculture operation in LMICs.
As the Program Management Officer, reporting to the Program Leader, you will contribute to the operation and support of the initiative. Your principal responsibilities will include information management (producing, coordinating and disseminating results), research support, project/program coordination, monitoring and evaluation, communications and network development, and liaising with key internal and external constituents.
- Master’s degree in a relevant natural or social science discipline such as international development/affairs, economics, public administration, biological science or agriculture (biology or agricultural sciences preferred but not essential if other relevant expertise presented);
- One to three years of work experience relevant to agriculture, livestock health and/or the environment;
- English and French skills at an intermediate level.
- Knowledge of agricultural sectors and/or organizational development issues
- Familiarity with database management, STATA or other statistical software
For more information about this rewarding career opportunity and to apply, please visit our website at idrc.ca/careers.
Application deadline is May 21, 2018 at 11:59pm EST
Find the original job advert on the Devnet jobs website.