The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) is looking for a Project Management Specialist to run activities focused on Youth which is a key area of work for UNAOC. The work of the Project Management Specialist – Youth would include responsibilities linked to advocacy and partnership building, project development and implementation, monitoring and evaluation, research and data analysis, as well as support for other UNAOC activities.
This is a position in UNOPS for supporting projects carried out for the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations. The incumbent of this position will be personnel of UNOPS under its full responsibility.
Under the coordination of the Program Management Coordinator and the direct supervision of the Director UNAOC, the Project Management Specialist duties will include:
- Engage with UN departments and agencies to advocate for and represent UNAOC’s mandate within the broader UN agenda on Youth, and particularly within the Youth, Peace and Security agenda.
- Collaborate and coordinate with colleagues to maintain policy relevance of implemented activities related to Youth.
- Liaise with UN departments and agencies to identify innovative and entrepreneurial practices.
- Design, implement and coordinate new project activity across the full spectrum of the UNAOC pillars of activity (Youth, Education, Media, Women and Migration), with an emphasis on youth projects/activities in line with UNAOC’s Action Plan 2019-2023, the UNSG Plan of Action for Preventing Violent Extremism, and other relevant policy documents.
- Engage in the development and expansion of partnerships with other UN entities, international organizations, research bodies, think-tanks, civil society groups and universities to build and expand on potential content areas (especially on issues relating to Youth); research and develop new areas featuring best practices and resources on cross-cultural dialogue;
- Organize events related to Youth, including the development of content and the facilitation of logistics.
- Draft new initiatives in accordance with internal procedures to the participation of selected organizations in various events of the Alliance and partners;
- As appropriate, participate in the selection of the projects related to competitive processes, particularly with reference to the Youth Solidarity Fund. Subtasks can include: participation in fundraising efforts, creation of a comprehensive database; coordination of process to select jury members and liaison with them; development of a shortlist; presentation of shortlisted projects to the selection panel; preparation of a summary report on the selection process; establishment of direct liaison with selected projects and provision of technical support and expertise where appropriate; development and facilitation of a capacity-building programme to support selected projects; and review of reports from selected projects.
- Actively monitor the financial aspects of the assigned project including keeping progress report of budget execution and drafting reports to the donors. Actively provide support to all logistics needed for project activities while working closely with the Administrative Personnel.
- Draft TORs for services and liaise with vendors as needed including collecting vendor forms.
- Maintain records, file and organize documents regarding project operations.
- Coordinate website and other electronic (internet, social media, etc.) outreach efforts with the Communications staff, particularly with reference to the Youth Solidarity Fund
- Assist communications team when relevant to monitor and track stories about achievements of organizations or individuals supported by UNAOC;
- Support communications team and provide input for the communications team to produce communication materials pertaining to assigned project activities;
- Incorporate a consultation process with stakeholders and partners from different regions;
- Ensure the use of best practices in the monitoring and assessment of all UNAOC projects;
- Monitor the full field of international project activity by international and regional organizations as well as NGOs involving innovative grassroots projects, with a focus on intercultural understanding;
- Contribute and provide input to the overall work of the UNAOC Secretariat and Cabinet and take on additional tasks as and when needed.
- Master’s Degree in international relations, international development, international education, social sciences, human rights, public policy and other related areas.
- Bachelor degree plus additional years of relevant experience may substitute the requirement of Master’s degree
- 5 years of relevant work experience in project support or management or organization of large-scale events;
- Proven knowledge of international relations, particularly matters related to the United Nations, and intercultural issues, including trends in the fields of cross-cultural dialogue and international education is desirable;
- Experience in youth issues, international education issues and gender issues in an international context is desirable;
- 1 -2 years of work experience with international organizations or international non-governmental organizations is desirable;
- Experience with research, analysis and drafting of documents on complex issues is desirable;
- IT proficiency an asset
Kindly click on here to apply.
Find the original job post on UNOPS job page.