The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian for the position of a Project Technician (Ref:IITA-HRNRS2017-004B) at the Institute’s headquarters in Ibadan.
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist the research assistant and project scientist (IITA and NARS);
- Assist in the field site selection and description at the partner’s field sites;
- Assist in training extension agents (EAs), farmers and technicians in site selection, measuring geo-reference and setting up field trials;
- Assist in backstopping and monitoring the correct and timely implementation of all research related operations (measuring pegging, planting, weeding, fertilizer etc.) in on-farm trials;
- Assist partners in sourcing cassava planting materials and the correct preparation of these materials;
- Assist the EAs, farmers and technicians on practical issues on field that are related to the experimental set-up, implementation of operations, management and harvest procedures;
- Back-up partners fields teams in emergency situation;
- Perform any other function as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
OND in General Agriculture or any related fields with at least Two (2) years relevant experience.
Ideal Candidate must:
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication skill and ability to communicate ideas;
- Be able to work with Microsoft Office tools
- Be able to work with little or no supervision
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application:
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website: http://www.iita.org/careers no later than Two Weeks from the date of this publication.
The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcome applications from female candidates.