ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development, and food security to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil societies. ACDI/VOCA has approximately 50 projects in 30 countries and total revenues of approximately $174 million.
ACDI/VOCA is searching for a Technical Learning Coordinator that will be responsible for providing highly proficient primary support to Technical Learning and Applications (TLA) Division activities, generating information and assisting in the development of organizational and practice area initiatives, with on-going support of TLA’s Market Systems and Empowerment and Resilience (including content areas of gender, nutrition, youth, and social and behavior change) technical teams, participation in TLA projects and new business proposals, as well as development and packaging of tools and approaches.
Primary activities include but are not limited to:
- maintain and contribute to the development of TLA communication and knowledge management tools;
- support tool development with research, formatting, editing and tracking functions;
- facilitate the development of training sessions on technical and operational issues;
- compile and distribute scheduling, technical and M&E to facilitate effective TLA engagement in project reviews;
- research and generate background reports quickly, tailored to specific needs, including LEAP project M&E data, desk research for projects and proposals, etc.;
- coordinate tasks with Project Assistants assigned to provide services for the TLA division;
- may be required to travel to projects, to engage in the pilot testing of tools;
- prepare and submit procurement and contract paperwork to A&C;
- support TLA specialists with the collation, analysis and reporting of monitoring and evaluation data; contribute to organizational and practice area improvements by serving on task forces; and collect approval signatures necessary for authentication, notary, power of attorney and other forms.
In addition, this position will be responsible for tracking TLA engagement in proposal capture and preparation phases. They will conduct proposal-specific or general research, on topics related to potential or actual proposal efforts, such as competition, potential partners, country context or technical issues affecting potential program implementation. Also, they will support new business activities pre-solicitation by networking with partners and consultants, collecting preliminary documentation, and tracking potential new business leads. The Technical Learning Coordinator will serve as a proposal coordinator and generate and present technical and financial (budgets) information in a compelling format requiring minimal correction. They will also contribute to writing proposal sections for new proposals and support efforts in acquiring business with alternative models.
- Minimum Qualifications require a Master’s degree in International Development, Agriculture, Economics, Health or other related fields.
- Additional years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of an advanced degree.
- Minimum of two years of experience, including overseas work, in international development or related field.
- Experience with multi-media applications, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other Microsoft programs.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral, written and reading comprehension abilities.
- Fluency in English required additional language skills, including French or Spanish are desired. Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
Find the original job advert on the Devnet jobs website.