The CIHEAM organizes the 1st Mediterranean Forum intended for PhD students and young researchers of the Mediterranean region, from 18 to 19 July at the CIHEAM-IAM of Montpellier (France).The CIHEAM intends, by launching the First Mediterranean Forum initiative for PhD students and young researchers in Montpellier, to set the bases of a permanent forum for communication, dialogue and publication for different partners in the field of research and rural development in the Mediterranean countries.
Debating the initiatives to be taken to meet the challenges relating to the design of sustainable agricultural food production systems in the Mediterranean Basin from different perspectives: sustainable agricultural production, preservation of natural resources, logistics, supply chain, food consumption, etc.
The forum will consist of different activities/events:
- Oral presentations on the basis of selected abstracts,
- Keynote addresses from invited guest speakers,
- Plenary sessions to debate the topics covered in the seminar.
The selection will be based essentially on scientific excellence. Participants will receive a first answer very quickly after abstract submission to facilitate the administrative procedures to obtain visa. In a second time, before June 30, 2016, the committee may issue two types of decision concerning the retained abstracts:
- Recommendation for a full version to be published in a special issue of peer-reviewed journals, and an oral presentation during the forum
- Publication of the abstract in the Proceeding, with a poster presentation in the forum.
To encourage participation, the CIHEAM covers the registration, accommodation and meals costs.
More information at 1st Mediterranean Forum for PhD Students and Young Researchers