YPARD is a global networking platform for Young Professionals to create youth movement in agricultural development. YPARD is hosted by Global Forum for Agricultural Research (GFAR), Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO), United Nations.
Globally it has more than sixteen thousand members. YPARD is involved in improving the skills of their members through information exchange, capacity building, training, workshop, conferences, and mentoring as well as different projects to make agriculture more interesting among the youths. Currently, YPARD Asia and Pacific is an umbrella network of 17 different countries: China, Bangladesh, Kyrgyzstan, India, Indonesia, Iran, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Uzbekistan, Japan, Lebanon, Vietnam and Solomon Islands.
From the heart of YPARD as a movement, its members are encouraged to become active in their area, spread the news about YPARD to other young professionals, raise the voice of youth in their own organizations, share their views and ideas with other young professionals within the network.
The rationale to establish YPARD Asia and Pacific is motivated by the need to develop the next generation of agricultural leaders, thinkers, and entrepreneurs in order to address critical agricultural development issues and provide greater access to opportunities and resources for young leaders. This global on-line and off-line networking platform is meant to enable and empower young agricultural leaders around the world to shape sustainable food systems
One of YPARD’s objectives for 2020 is to boost our information services and membership in English and other languages. Thus, we need to build a stronger “polyglot” team.
With the support of YPARD Asia Pacific Core-team, requirements and expectations for Internship and volunteers:
Young generation of professionals who are interested in leadership development, non-profit business, social activities in agriculture/ nature/ environment/ Communication/ Journalism/ international affairs or relevant; would like to devoted their spare time to be insightful and do something meaningful, are always positive and active with full of energy, love our nature, want to be change maker, are always open-minded to new things and want to make this earth a better place for future generation is welcome to apply.
YPARD Asia Pacific (AP) is looking for prospective interns and volunteers in the following areas who can spend 8-10 hrs per week in our team. Candidates with relevant knowledge will be highly appreciated and additional bilingual skill (Chinese/English/Russian/Arabic/Korean/Japanese/others) is advantageous. Interested candidates can send a CV (max 2 pages) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Internship positions: 3-4
Functions: Positions below are for:
- Fundraising and Partnership Building: partnership and fund-raising activities including calls, grants, proposals, concept note, campaigns, etc.
- Social Media networking, short blogs/vlogs preparation: operate FaceBook, Twitter, LinkedIn, QQ, Weibo accounts, Wechat
- Content Editing: Prepare event/communication materials; writing, editing and revising of announcements, blogs, etc.
- Photo editing and videography: coverage of YPARD events, national and international events
- Event planning: design event and organize logistics
- Operating WeChat group: moderator of WeChat group/subscription account
- Membership assistance: support membership-related activities and communication with members (online and offline)
What will the candidate gain?
- You will be working with a community of enthusiastic and passionate young professionals in agriculture.
- You will upgrade your knowledge in agriculture, resources, ICTs and communications. You will benefit from training and workshop arranged by and be coached by YPARD AP team. You will use social media strategically, reach out to and work with young professionals to collect relevant content and refine your writing skills.
- You will learn about website management, on-line activities, and be given a space to implement your own ideas in the framework of YPARD strategic plans, benefitting from YPARD professionals’ experience.
- Opportunity to attend workshops and training of YPARD and partners.
- Working with YPARD is also about getting a chance to increase one’s network within the agricultural development sector and expanding one’s knowledge in on-line resources and organizations in ARD.
- Gain certificate and letter of completion for job as well as necessary recommendation.
Interested individuals can contact F. M. Safiul Azam, Liaison and Partnership Officer, YPARD Asia and Pacific via email@example.com