About International Center on Small Hydro Power
International Center on Small Hydro Power (ICSHP) is a public and non-profit institution directly under the auspices of United Nations Industrial and Development Organization (UNIDO), China’s Ministry of Water Resources and Ministry of Commerce. ICSHP serves as the headquarters of the International Network on Small Hydro Power (INSHP), which is an international organization with more than 400 members from 78 countries.
About Global Environment Facility
The Global Environment Facility (GEF) was established on the eve of the 1992 Rio Earth Summit to help tackle our planet’s most pressing environmental problems. Since then, the GEF has provided $14.5 billion in grants and mobilized $75.4 billion in additional financing for almost 4,000 projects. The GEF has become an international partnership of 183 countries, international institutions, civil society organizations, and private sector to address global environmental issues.
There is an opportunity for one self-motivated volunteer to join the PMU to work on project reports and support the implementation of the project. The work location is at ICSHP (Hangzhou, China).
- Write project reports related to the GEF project (inception/progress/result reports, etc.);
- Public relations work and other support for the promotion of the project (translations, newsletter, website contributions);
- Develop concepts and conduct research for the project;
- Maintain contact with other international executing agencies/partners.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) in one of the fields: climate change, environment engineering, renewable energy, hydrology and water resources management, or related fields;
- Work experience in one of the following areas is preferred: climate change, environment engineering, renewable energy, hydrology and water resources management or related areas;
- Practical work experience in international development cooperation and with NGOs (e.g. United Nations/public or research institutions related to renewable energy/environmental protection/water resource management);
- Practical experience in project management and coordination will be highly recognized.