Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences in Kleve and Kamp-Lintfort, Germany, offers an innovative and international academic atmosphere combined with first-rate teaching and over 30 interdisciplinary bachelor’s and master’s degree programmes, the majority of which are taught in English. Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences is committed to excellence in research in engineering, technology, the natural and social sciences, and is home to some 6,000 students hailing from over 100 different nations.
Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences is located in the scenic Lower Rhine between theeconomic hub of the Rhine-Ruhr metropolis and the Netherlands. Its central European location ensures that both campus locations are easily accessible via three international airports: Amsterdam(Schiphol), Düsseldorf and Weeze.
Applications for the following vacancy in the Faculty of Life Sciences, Kleve Campus are now open to be filled as soon as possible:
- Reference number 04/F2/17
- Research Associate (m/f) in Livestock Production, Environment and Sustainability Analysis
- German TV-L pay scale level EG 13, fixed-term contract for 16 month, full-time
- Support in the preparation and carrying out of lectures, field trips and exams in the areas of livestock sciences, environmental and sustainability analysis within the study programs "Sustainable Agriculture", "Agribusiness" and "Biological Resources"
- Supervise students projects, lab courses and student theses
- Conduct scientific research and aquire third-party and other funds
- Manage data, software and laboratories in the area described above Your profile:
- Academic degree (master or equivalent degree) in agriculture or related fields (veterinary sciences, sustainability studies, etc.)
- Commitment to building a strong research profile in the field of livestock science, environment and sustainability analysis
- Willingness to acquire new skills
- Intercultural competence
- Driving licence
Applicants must have at least basic proficiency in German.
Part-time employment is also possible for this position.
Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences is committed to the professional development and advancement of women. Female candidates are expressly welcomed and encouraged to apply. In accordance with the Gender Equality Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (LandesgleichstellungsgesetzNRW), in cases of equal suitability, aptitude and professional experience, female candidates shall be given preferential consideration over male candidates for vacancies in areas with proportionally RE_2017_03_15 Seite 2 von 2 fewer female employees, provided there are no specific, overriding reasons for giving preference to a specific male candidate.
In the event of equal suitability, preferential consideration will also be given to disabled candidates or candidates recognised as such by virtue of Section 2 (3) of the German Code of Social Law, Book IX (SGB IX).
Please submit only copies of your original documents and avoid any elaborate folders etc., as we are unfortunately unable to return applications to their sender. Please do not submit your application online or in electronic form.
Please send your application and all relevant documents in hard copy and postmarked by no later than 30th May 2017 to: Dezernat Personal der Hochschule Rhein-Waal, Marie-Curie-Str. 1, 47533 Kleve, Germany. Please specify the reference number in your application.
Picture credit: Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences